- Same as in a Deep Relaxation technique:
- Find a quiet place to lay down, where you will be safe and comfortable.
- Get yourself comfortable laying down, with your knees flat on the floor.
- Close your eyes and keep them closed.
- Throughout this practice, keep breathing deeply, slowly and gently, inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth for the 5 first breathes and then inhal and exhale only through your nose.
- Align your body so that your spine is straight and your neck and head are aligned with the spine.
Same as in a Deep Relaxation technique:
Make sure that your entire body is relaxed and there are no tensions held in the muscles. Do this by taking a quick scan of your body starting from the feet and working up towards your head.
- Take your attention to your Solar Plexus and concentrate there. The Solar plexus is right underneath the sternum, above the diaphram.
- Continue to breathe slowly and deeply while focusing on the Solar Plexus.
- Gradually you will begin to feel heat in your Solar Plexus.
- Continue to concentrate intensely on your Solar Plexus and feel the heat increase.
- Keep totally focused inside while keeping in touch with the heat in your Solar plexus.
- Now start to spread the heat and energy from the Solar Plexus on to the rest of your body.
- Visualise the waves of heat and energy spreading like a pebble thrown into a still lake, sending circular waves around.
- Visualise the waves of energy moving through your whole body.
- The waves spread and expand, relaxing, quietening and stilling your entire being.
- Let the waves release all the tension as they move through you.
- Let go and become one with the waves of warmth and energy ……..
- Just let go
- When you feel ready, slowly turn to your left, bend your knees, place your left hand under your head and your right hand on the floor in front of you. Curl up like a foetus. Keep your eyes closed. Stay in this position for a short while.
- Slowly begin to sit up and keep your eyes closed.
- After a few seconds, gently open your eyes, take a deep breath,
- ….and wake up to a new, light and serene you …