- Find a small object to concentrate on. Avoid objects with busy patterns or shapes. You can even use a plant leaf, a flower petal or a very simple sketch or drawing.
- Wear comfortable clothing, and keep your skin covered and warm.
- Find a quiet place to sit, where you will be safe and comfortable.
- Sit down on the floor, cross legged. Make sure you are as comfortable as possible.
- Place your object on the floor in front of you.
- Keep breathing deeply and slowly.
- Keep your body still and relaxed.
- Pay attention to how you are sitting. Keep your back straight, your shoulders back, hands relaxed on your lap, head levelled and chin straight ahead.
- Your body needs to be relaxed without any muscle tensions. So scan your body, part by part, starting from your feet, all the way up towards your face.
- Feel your feet and how they are placed on the floor. Wiggle your toes and slightly move your feet in place until they feel quite comfortable.
- Move up to your ankles and the lower legs. Pay attention to the muscles in these parts. Loosen them up and relax them.
- Move your attention to the upper legs. Release every bit of tension that you may feel within these muscles.
- Do the same to your abdomen, lower back, upper back, chest, shoulders, arms, hands, fingers, neck and face muscles. Try to release as much muscular tension as possible…..
- Now bring your attention back to your breathing. Continue to breathe slowly and deeply…
- While keeping your posture unchanged, slowly, with focus and attention, pick up your object from the floor and hold it in front of you, at a distance comfortable to look at.
- Keep breathing slowly and deeply.
- Now look at your object attentively, as if it is the very first time that you are observing it.
- Notice every detail; the outer shape, the inner design and pattern, the colours…..
- Take your time and look carefully and take in every single detail…….
- Now put the object back on the floor and close your eyes and keep them closed.
- Try to see the image of the object in your mind, with your eyes closed.
- As you inhale slowly and gently, recall the image and bring it in front of your eyes. And as you exhale slowly and smoothly, relax and let the image settle in your mind.
- Inhale and see all the colours, the patterns, and every detail of the image.
- Exhale and let the image sink deeper in your mind.
- If you wish, quickly open your eyes and take a short glance at the object, to remember the details and close your eyes quickly.
- Continue to recall and settle the image in your mind, with your eyes closed.
- Now gradually, let the image become steady in your mind. Keep it still and fixed.
- Continue to breathe as if you are breathing through the image, slowly and gently
Now gradually bring your entire attention to your breathing and focus on the sound and flow of air as you breathe. …..
Breathe gently and slowly.
After a few moments when you feel ready, gently open your eyes, and take another deep breath.
the revitalised, light and tranquil you……..